TeamSTEPPSR in Long-Term Care: Learn the financial and safety benefits to implementing TeamSTEPPSR in Nursing Homes and LTC Facilities
The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) is hosting a free one-hour webinar on September 11 from 1 – 2 p.m. ET highlighting how teamwork improves safety and quality in long term care (LTC) settings. AHRQ’s teamwork training program, TeamSTEPPS®, has been tested in real-world settings and is designed to address:
- The science of teamwork in LTC settings;
- The resident safety and financial benefits of TeamSTEPPS in LTC;
- Practical and proven application of the TeamSTEPPS program in LTC facilities.
Presenters will include:
- Sharon Kostboth-Harper, Project Manager, Tealwood Senior Living;
- Erin Howe, DNP, Assistant Professor, University of Rochester School of Nursing;
- Michelle Pandolfi, MSW, Director of Consulting Services, QUALIDIGM.
Presenters will discuss the following objectives:
1. Learn how the TeamSTEPPS Curriculum has been adapted for the Long-Term Care setting
2. Discuss the financial and patient safety benefits of TeamSTEPPS in Long-Term Care
3. Highlight the importance of implementing TeamSTEPPS in Long-Term Care Facilities and encourage the LTC community to use TeamSTEPPS tools and resources
4. Review steps taken to reach the planning process and development of an implementation plan
5. Share the implementation and outcomes of TeamSTEPPS in a LTC setting
Registration is now open.
To review the TeamSTEPPS Long-term Care Curriculum, go here.